Thanks for taking a look at my online playwrighting course. I’ve taught Playwrighting and Screenwriting at several universities, and in addition to having a couple of my plays and monologues performed by others, I’ve staged my own plays. From the standpoint of a director who insists on a solid script, I believe that my skills as a playwright are strong. And I hope that my skills as an educator will work to help you develop your own playwrighting skills through this online environment.
Now, first of all, what this course WON’T do:
- It won’t put you in the pipeline for Broadway or LA;
- It won’t make you a professional playwright
- It won’t enable you to immediately quit your job to become a full-time writer
However, what this course CAN help you to do is:
- Work on some skills that will make you a better playwright or screenwriter;
- Develop some techniques for writing scripts;
- Allow you to develop techniques to write more effective dialogue, stage directions, and written and visual storytelling.
This course contains 6 short lessons, each of which gives you some background material for the 6 assignments. When you submit an assignment, I will read it, and provide If this sounds like something you’d like to pursue, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or use this paypal.me link. Once you’ve submitted your payment, I’ll give you the link to the lessons so you can get started on your path to better writing!